How to Easily Get Banned by Search Engines
When уоu buіld your wеbѕіtе, you, оf соurѕе, want tо gеt hіgh rankings іn thе…
It’s been said that you can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make him drink. This is certainly true in marketing.
While business owners are hungry to get first-page Google rankings, sometimes they are puzzled why greater traffic doesn’t lead to greater sales.
After reading this article, you’ll find out what SEO is, what it isn’t, and how to harness the power of SEO to drive sales for your business.
What SEO Is
SEO stands for search engine optimization — an online effort designed to help your website rank higher with search engines. That means when your customers type keywords related to your business, that your website comes up higher in those search results.
There are many approaches to SEO. Three common ways include:
Google (and other search engines) loves websites that are highly relevant for a given keyword phrase. So the key is to create valuable content that is optimized for a popular keyword phrase.
It can be a good idea to hire a SEO firm that knows how to capitalize on each of these areas and can help you to optimize your website, create new keyword-rich content and blog posts, and get ranked high in Google.
What SEO Isn’t
Driving traffic to your website with SEO is only half the battle. It’s also important to make sure your website is designed in a way that converts those leads into sales.
When you have a website that has a solid conversion rate, it ensures the investment you make in SEO will result in a guaranteed boost in sales.
How Do You Improve Website Conversion?
This is where it really pays to hire a marketing firm to analyze your website. While a website designer may design a gorgeous website, only a marketer knows techniques to keep your visitors engaged, give them product information, and incent them to take action.
Here are seven ways to unleash the selling power of your website:
1. Capture lead information. Place an opt-in form prominently on every page of your website with a free offer so irresistible that visitors will be compelled to sign up. This gives you the opportunity to send an e-mail follow-up messages that builds rapport, provides value, and drives sales.
2. Make it simple. Present your options simply so a visitor can categorize themselves and select the right product/service that meets their needs. Having three or four graphics boxes on the home page that show your products and who they are for helps visitors to take the next step.
3. Build trust fast. First impressions are critically important. Within a few seconds people are judging if they trust you, if your option is what they need, and if your solution will solve their problem.
You want to build credibility with testimonials, benefits-driven website copywriting, and professionally designed graphics. Add contact information on your website so customers can ask questions and overcome their objections. A FAQ page or a customer service chat feature helps customers instantly get answers to their most pressing questions.
4. Build rapport. Not every visitor will buy right away. The potential customer might not need your product right away so you may have to prove value more before they feel comfortable in They might not trust you yet so offer multiple options that help potential customers stay connected to you. This can include Social Media, consistent newsletters, and/ or a blog.
5. Add incentives. Create an exit page that gives a special offer before they leave the site. You could also add an up-sell in the shopping cart that gives them a complementary product for just a few dollars more. E-mail them a special introductory discount thanking them for being a new customer.
6. Keep it focused. A confused mind says “no” so keep your home page simple. Think of it as a funnel so that when your visitors come to your website, think of how you can easily lead them through the choices to buy. It’s best to remove any text, outgoing links, or information that distracts from the key actions you want a user to take.
7. Develop a cohesive strategy for each product. Create a flow chart of possible actions a prospect will take from the moment they land on your website until they buy. Have a planned series of marketing communications and offers that work together to nurture that lead into a sale.
SEO and Website Conversion — The Winning Team to Sales Growth
If you are among those frustrated business owners who feels they are doing all the right things to drive traffic but not getting the results you are looking for, look at your website conversion. Instead of blaming your SEO team, hire a marketing professional to review your website and turn those new leads into sales for your business.
As the founder, Susan Friesen brings a unique advantage to eVision Media clients by having earned a Bachelor in Business Administration degree with a concentration in Computer Information Systems through the Thompson River's University. Her experience in the Web development industry since 1999 has gained her much insight and knowledge in how to effectively brand a business and then translate that to a user-friendly, search-engine friendly, custom designed website. She is a graduate of the Vancouver Film School multi-media program and also earned several certificates in technology through the University of Victoria and Athabasca University. She won the 2003-2004 Governor General's Bronze Academic Award for achieving the highest academic standing in a diploma-level post-secondary program. http://evisionmedia.ca