12 Clever Ways to Boost Your Traffic
Traffic is essential to anyone who owns a website and/or blog. Without traffic we…
The writing of this article was on August 5. Back in the year of 1914, August the 5th was the day of the initial installation of the electric traffic light in Cleveland, Ohio USA. The designer was Lester Wire, a policeman in Salt Lake City USA.
This first use of electricity for the moving and stopping of traffic had only red and green, without the smooth transition of the middle yellow light. When the yellow light was added, vehicles moved more efficiently and less accidents occurred.
In comparison to the first electric traffic light and the transition to having the middle yellow light, online traffic has 3 speeds:
1. No traffic: Initial Stage
2. Intermediate Traffic: Yellow Stage
3. Full-Speed Traffic Generation: Green Stage
The Initial Stage to Generate Traffic
When first building your website, it is natural that there are no visitors to your website. You are in your first step to generate traffic. You do not yet have presence with the internet's 2.5 billion readers. However, this stage is of vital importance for your future online traffic. Creating your site with Search Engine Optimization (SEO) strategies, plus smart-phone friendly techniques are two necessary and sure methods in your Initial Stage.
Yellow, Intermediate Stage to Generate Traffic
Once your website is built, then you launch and advertise. However, there are many ways to get visitors to Come To You, unlike the traditional method of advertising. This method is called "Inbound Marketing." Using strategies to win readers' attention and draw them to your business is your Yellow Intermediate Stage. You have to use the "Yellow" stage of your online traffic light in order to produce smooth, continual traffic flowing to your business.
Full Speed Green Stage With Inbound Marketing
Following are Inbound Marketing procedures that will assist you in having the website and blog traffic that you crave:
1. Dedication: Before any website can be designed, it is significant to recognize that Persistence is the attitude that has to be forever present in order to work online and have successful traffic to your website. If you have read statements like: "it's easy" or "only takes a few minutes a day," then be skeptical to follow that program. These types of words in advertising can be deceptive. It takes Hard work, Long hours, and Perseverance to run a home-based business.
2. Social Networking: Everyone knows the importance of social networking at Facebook, Google+, Twitter, LinkedIn and other platforms. Your profile will be viewed by everyone, so enter essential information that will bring readers to your business. Be sure to "socialize" and not just enter ads. Social publishing and sharing your professional experiences will lead them to your site.
3. Chat rooms, Forums, and Discussion Groups in Your Niche: When you join one of these, be sure that it coincides with your business topics. Like the social networks mentioned above, enter a good profile with your business information and links. Then discuss and share information but don't come across as a sales person. These are places where you can assist others, share your knowledge, thus leading to loyal members and subscribers. This is one of the methods used to 'Pull In' traffic to your site.
4. Leave Replies on Blogs: When commenting to a blog post, add your URL so other readers can click through to visit your business. Be sure to add relevant and quality comments. Refer to something within the blog post so the author will know that you read it. Use this method to learn from blog authors, as well as generate traffic.
5. Email Signatures: You can create a signature that automatically shows on each of your outgoing emails. Write a short blurb with a reason to visit your site, followed by your URL to give the reader ready access to your website.
6. Provide a newsletter of valuable articles and information for your opt-in list. Give a summary at the top to generate lasting interest. In this era of instant gratification and loaded inboxes, you must use your email subject line and your table of contents or summary to "keep" your readers.
7. Article Marketing: In your own newsletter and/or blog, give your members rich content and quality articles. This will give you loyal and long-time subscribers. Your original articles can also be submitted to article directories and offered on your website to other publishers for reprint in their ezines/newsletters and blog posts.
8. Pin Your Article Images at Pinterest: Use quality images in your blog and website pages. Pin them at Pinterest, linking them to your selected page. This can add generous traffic to your website.
9. Blogging: If you have a blog, regularly and consistently publish quality posts related to your niche. Your blog genre will determine how often you need to post. For example, if you have a cooking blog you would not need to post as frequently as a news reporter's blog.
10. Submit to RSS Directories: This is considered by some to be an older method, but still works to considerably boost your traffic, exposure, and daily readers. Submit your blog's RSS feed URL to RSS Directories and RSS Search Engines like: blogsmonitor, feedcat, rss6, blogdigger, feedlisting, and rssmicro.
The above 10 tactics incorporate Inbound Marketing, which refers to bringing visitors to you, rather than your going out to hunt for them as in traditional marketing methods. Using these 10 activities will gain the attention of customers and increase your online presence into a successful and traffic-thriving business.
Susan Nichols is the editor/publisher of Active World News providing you with quality content marketing, home-based business techniques, and income-generating leads. Signup for weekly free ads plus activate your success with the free 5-part series: "Home Business Building Solutions." http://www.activeworldnews.com/online-marketing-news/
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Susan_Nichols