5 Essential Elements of a Successful Membership Site
Are you thinking about creating a membership site but don't know where to…
There are many factors involved when attempting to make money online. This article series will give you 101+ ideas you can implement into many of these needed components to make your online business a success.
Website Design and Development
1. One of the first and foremost components of your online business is your domain name. Be sure to choose relevant keywords that will bring in your targeted market. Make it short and memorable and easy to spell.
2. Be sure your homepage will get people’s attention as you have but a few seconds to capture their interest. Make it clean and clear with a concise call to action. Do not give your visitors too many choices.
3. Make your About Us page informative but add the human touch. Share your story with others so they feel they know you and your company. Tell them why you and your business are the solution to their needs.
4. A privacy page is a very important aspect of your website. People need to know they can trust you and that their privacy is given the respect and attention it needs.
5. Always provide a contact page with all your contact information. If people cannot find your contact info, it will bring out feelings of mistrust and suspicion.
6. Proudly display all your customer testimonials on their own page. Show your visitors that your customers have had good experiences with you and they are willing to share.
7. Compile all the most commonly asked questions you have received and put them into a FAQ page. People will be looking for information and many times, if they do not find it, they will not take the time to email you. They will just go elsewhere.
8. Your website will need many options for your visitors to sign up for your mailing list and/or newsletter. Be sure to have your subscription form or box on every page. And although slide-ins, pop-ups, etc., can be annoying they are proven to be effective.
9. Be sure to have a prominent call to action. Make your call to action the center of attention.
10. Keep your ordering process as short and simple as possible. The few clicks and forms, the better.
11. Color is a strong motivator so do some research to find out what colors will get the most results for your website.
12. Make your 404 error page work for you. Add a humorous or inspirational message along with your homepage link.
[Tweet “Make More Money with These 101+ Ideas Part I.”]
1. Test your website for all browsers including mobile devices.
2. Regularly test all your forms and your ordering process to make sure all is working properly.
3. Check all links regularly.
4. Run security scans to make sure your customers’ information is secure.
5. Regularly update your SEO. Google is forever changing so what worked then, might not work so well now.
6. Update your content often. Keep your site fresh.
7. Periodically check your loading speed. Your pages should load in just a few seconds.
8. Keep a back-up of your site. Better safe than sorry.
9. Check to make sure all your apps, plugins, etc. are updated and running properly.
Advertising and Copywriting
1. Spend some time on your headline. Your headline will make or break your ad.
2. Use power words but do not hype it up. Words like secret, discover, revealed, innovative, new, proven, etc.
3. Give the reader a sense of urgency – Limited Time, Supplies Limited, Introductory Price, etc.
4. Do not load your ad with !!!!!! exclamation points. This tends to devalue your message and make the reader a non-believer.
5. Always include a call to action such as: Call Now for your Free Trial. Email for your free report. Sign-up at our website for free tutorial.
6. Fill your ad with emotion. Emotion is what sells.
7. Keep the ad short with short sentences and a lot of white space. People tend not to read long paragraphs and sentences so keep it concise and to the point.
8. Get a sigtag buddy. Find a business owner that complements your business and offer to advertise for him if he advertises for you. Place each other’s link in your email signature.
9. Do the same with ezine publishers. Cross promote each other for more exposure.
Next week’s Part II includes social media, content marketing and offline marketing ideas.
About the Author:
Terri Seymour has 20 years of internet marketing experience and has helped many people start their own business. Now is the time to get started with your own exciting resell ebook business. Visit now to get three free gifts including The Big Book of Social Media Tips. http://www.ebooks.seymourproducts.com