10 Clever Offline Tactics for Online Traffic
Marketing your online business can be a very time consuming and drawn out process.…
People visit websites for various reasons. Some are looking for information, some for products and/or services and maybe some just happened upon your site when web surfing.
For whatever reason a person lands on your site, they are part of your website traffic. Even if a person just chance lands on your site, you have a short window of opportunity to convert them.
Sometimes this will happen and sometimes it won’t but the more traffic you have, whether targeted or otherwise, the more chances you have of increasing your conversion rate.
Getting this traffic is not always easy. Below are some quick tips on how you can increase your traffic for more conversions.
1. If you have not yet added a blog to your site, do so. Blogs are a very efficient way to get more traffic to your site and keep them coming back.
2. Start an email list and send out regular emails to your subscribers. Focus on building a relationship with your readers.
3. Cross promote on your social media accounts. Connect all your accounts with your website and blog.
4. Contact other blog owners and swap content. Choose blogs that are complementary to yours not competitive.
5. Join Viral Content Buzz. It is a great site for getting others to share your content on their social media accounts.
6. Post your blog posts to social media. This can help get people who read your posts to your blog or website.
7. Submit guest posts to other blogs that complement your blog.
8. Optimize your site for SEO using well-placed relevant keywords.
9. Submit your blog to popular blog directories such as EatonWeb, Jayde and OnTopList.
10. Share your knowledge with others at Yahoo Answers. Answering questions and offering advice can get you substantial traffic.
11. Get involved in forums and participate regularly. Facebook groups are solid forums to increase your traffic.
12. If you publish a newsletter, swap ads with other publishers. This is a great way to get more exposure and more traffic.
13. Learn how to write compelling headlines for your content. There are lots of helpful tips on how to write headlines that get attention and clicks.
14. Post your content on LinkedIn. LinkedIn is becoming a powerful social media platform and could get you a lot of traffic.
15. Interview others to post on your blog. The person you interviewed will undoubtedly share the interview on his/her site and social media accounts which will draw more people to your site.
16. Many people do not think of their email signature as a place to promote but you can get a lot of traffic with a quick link to relevant information and/or resources on your blog.
17. Join blogging communities. Network and get involved in communities such as BizSugar and DoSplash.
18. Keep your site updated and SEO optimized. Post new content regularly. Use relevant keywords when applicable.
19. Host events such as contests, giveaways, webinars or charitable events.
20. Participate in conversations on relevant blogs. Make your comments helpful and be heard.
21. Offer freebies in your article resource box, email signature and social media accounts.
22. Add alternate forms of content like videos, slideshows, images, audio and other presentations.
23. Start using infographics. Infographics are very popular and many times will get shared more than text or other posts.
24. Start your own YouTube channel. Your videos will get you more exposure and may even help you get more traffic from Google.
25. Add sharing buttons to your website. Make it easy for your current visitors to share your content with others to bring in more visitors.
26. Research what information people in your business are looking for and write content on it. Visit forums, social media pages and find out what solutions you can offer.
27. Make a social media schedule and stick to it. Be consistent. Don’t pop in now and then and expect to get results.
28. Participate in banner swaps with other blog writers. Reserve a space in your sidebar for these swaps.
29. Be sure to include your url on your business card. Put your url on your vehicle to get more exposure anytime you travel.
30. Make sure your website is mobile friendly.
Bonus tip: Build your own community. Start a Facebook group or build a community on your own site. Communities bring people together to share and help each other. This is a great way to build relationships and get more traffic.
Try using some or all of the above tips and with an effective website or blog, you can convert this traffic into sales.
About the Author:
Terri Seymour has 20 years of internet marketing experience and has helped many people start their own business. Now is the time to get started with your own exciting resell ebook business. Visit now to get three free gifts including The Big Book of Social Media Tips. http://www.ebooks.seymourproducts.com