8 Benefits You Immediately Receive If You Begin Podcasting Today
The future lies in podcasting. 5936
The following are short byte-sized tips and tricks I’ve picked up since my inception into Internet marketing.
No doubt there’s something valuable for everyone to take away from this post, no matter what marketing strategies are being implemented.
Let’s begin shall we…
1. Eighty percent of your time should be dedicated to traffic generating tasks, only 20 percent should be dedicated to learning.
2. Pick one or two traffic generating strategies and spend one month mastering them before moving on others. As a qualified plasterer, I know the importance of mastering one strategy. You don’t need to be the jack of all trades in the beginning.
3. Making money online must be your secondary goal behind helping people get what they want.
4. Always aim to give more value than your competitors. If your competitors are giving away a free eBook, you give away a seven-day training boot-camp.
5. Always over deliver on your promise and let your prospects know you are there 100 percent with them all the way through their journey. Have your personal contact details at the ready for them to reach you at all times.
6. To stand out, you must find your USP (unique selling point.) This can be anything from your commitment to deliver quality, to a memorable marketing tactic. Anything that separates you from your competition should always be at the forefront of your marketing.
7. Your name is your brand. If you promote crap, you will pay the price, if you don’t pay the price for whatever reason this simply means you are not creating a long-term business. On the other end of the scale, if you promote quality, you will be rewarded handsomely for it. This may seem like an obvious statement but it’s not… take a look around, how many crappy products have you bought over the past year? Would you buy from that same marketer again?
8. If you are marketing in the MMO (make money online) niche, avoid hyping up your products. Particularly in this niche, the majority of people know when they’re being lied to. Be honest with your sales copy. Instead of saying “earn 10k in a month” say something like “with hard work and a willingness to succeed, our training can help you earn 10k a month.” People know they have to put in hard work these days, the novelty of the push button money making magic formula is currently being dying out.
9. Build an e-mail list from the very beginning. Your first priority should be to learn how to build a list. That’s where most of your income is going to come from. Traffic will come slowly at first, but even with very little traffic you will start to see results. Every marketer that I have talked to has regretted not building their list from the very beginning… learn from this.
10. Don’t make the assumption that you know what your prospects want. This is just bad marketing practice. You need to find out exactly what they want before you try to give it to them. I see this mistake being made all the time. Find out what they want, go get it and give it to them.
11. Avoid the hard selling approach when dealing with potential customers. First impressions last. Give them valuable information that will help them trust you. Build that initial trust from the first meeting and let the relationship bloom over time. This is why it’s important to get their contact details.
12. Don’t be afraid to sell. You’d be surprised how many marketers are afraid to sell, but there are a lot of them out there. Remember, if you know what you’re selling will help your prospects, then feel good about selling it to them. Don’t force it though. Simply inform them of the amazing benefits they will receive from using your product or service.
13. People are much more likely to respond to “pain avoidance” rather than “benefits.” Both are powerful tactics to use in your marketing but, if you can help someone avoid a painful situation, you will make a lot of sales very quickly. This can backfire very quickly if your claims are false.
14. Focusing 100 percent on Internet marketing can be a very costly mistake. Working consistently on your marketing is crucial, but if you do not spend time working on yourself through personal development, you may find you struggle a lot more when obstacles pop up along the way. Developing a mindset capable of pushing through barriers will get you further along in this business. Setting goals will shave months, maybe even years off your online ventures and exercising regularly and eating healthy foods will keep your energy levels at their peak.
15. Try something new for 30 days. Set a goal to write a blog post every day for 30 days. This is a very powerful traffic generating strategy as well as a powerful copywriting exercise. After 30 days you will have 30 posts. You can submit them to article directories and convert them into PDF format to be shared on document websites. How hard can it be? One post a day is simple if you make it a goal, write it down and have it above your computer at all times. The 30 day challenges I set for myself have been responsible for dramatic increases in everything I do online, and offline.
16. Rise above the noise. There’s a million different ways to make money online. You must pick a strategy and give it a good crack of the whip before you jump to the next one. Having a willingness to focus on one specific strategy will ultimately determine how quick you start seeing results in your business.
17. Be consistent with the strategy you are implementing. Persevere through the gray areas where you’re not sure if what you’re doing is working. Most often we just need that stick to it mentality before the results begin to show. Be in it for the duration, don’t expect overnight success.
18. Take full responsibility for everything you do online. If something is not working, adjust your strategy or mindset before blaming the system you are implementing.
19. You need to be willing to invest in your business. I didn’t say “invest in your learning”… Invest in your business. Rather than buying another product, buy leads… buy advertising instead. Results can take a long time if you are taking the free route to success. Spending money on your actual business will yield far greater results in far less time.
20. Never promote a product you haven’t tested or at least done extensive research on. You must know what your prospects are buying. If you haven’t tried it, you could be potentially lowering the lifetime value of your customer. I never promote anything that I haven’t tried myself. At least then, I can supply my customers with the benefits the product can have for them instead of making it up in my head. It’s far easier to sell something you have knowledge about.
21. You should be selling recurring income products to your customers. One-time offers are fine, but if you want to earn a consistent income, you must implement this concept into your marketing strategy. Selling membership services can bring you a lot of money without any extra effort on your part.
22. You should also promote high-ticket items. Within the SFM (six-figure mentors) we have products that earn our affiliates $1,000 commissions. These products are quality and, with the right marketing strategies, they are not much more difficult to sell than a $27 product. You can earn a full-time income by selling just a couple of high-ticket products each month.
23. I promoted many different products over the years from personal development to natural remedies. Personal development is a passion of mine and I found it very easy to write articles related to this subject. Natural remedies on the other hand were a bloody nightmare. I wasn’t passionate about the subject, and it showed. My point, if you are planning to write a lot about your chosen niche, it would be wise to write about something you are passionate about. Your copy will be so much more persuasive and your motivation to continue will be at a much higher level.
24. Selling digital products is a given in this industry, but you need to diversify if you want to reach a larger audience. This is not a must, but a recommended approach. You can promote physical products from ointments to DVD sets. Promoting services is also a very lucrative approach.
25. Make sure all the content you release out to the Web is 100 percent original. Put your name to quality content, it will benefit you and your brand in the long run. Even when writing e-mail copy for your list, make it original. I have seen marketers sending the same e-mail swipe message given by the promoter of the product. This is bad practice. You must inject your own personality into everything you send out. If your copy is not original, your prospects will never connect with you on a personal level.
26. Always focus on benefits or pain avoidance within your copy. I see a lot of marketers highlighting the features of products. It doesn’t work. You must focus on benefits. People emotionally attach to what a product can do for them.
27. Create an avatar of your potential customer and market to that avatar. Find out who your customer is before you try to sell them anything. Creating a customer avatar that encompasses all your prospects traits can have a significant impact on the results you get. Get inside of your customers’ minds. How old are they? How much income do they earn? What are their fears? What are their ambitions and goals? You get my point. Selling to an avatar will skyrocket your earnings providing you accurately determine what they actually want. Find out where your potential audience hangs out and go there to interact with them.
28. Don’t be afraid to be yourself. You may alienate some people by being completely open, but you know the saying, “if you try to sell to everyone, you end up selling to no one.” Real connections are made through being who you are, not by pretending to be whom you’re not. Let you true personality shine through in your copy. Of course you must keep it professional, but do not make the mistake of writing without personality. You have unique traits that need to be expressed. Never forget, you are marketing to real people with real problems and real emotions. You MUST come across as a person who has these traits also.
29. Conversions are the ultimate goal for every promotion you send out to your prospects. I know a marketer who has 135k people on his e-mail list and who earns less than 100k a year online. I also know a marketer who earned 435k one year from a list of 12k. You must be willing to track everything you do online. You track, see what’s working and then tweak until you get the most bang for your buck without spending any more money.
Tweak your sales copy, tweak your subject lines, your headlines, your ad copy, your call to action. Tweak everything until you get the highest possible return from your promotions. When you get the highest possible conversions from a system you implement, you will earn a greater income without spending any extra cash. It just makes marketing sense, doesn’t it?
30. Test the guru. Always be ready to test what the gurus tell you to be true. Just because you heard something from a well-known marketer, doesn’t necessarily mean what they are telling you will work in your business. For example: There’s a lot of marketers saying that video sales messages covert at a far higher rate than just plain old copy messages. Does this mean that in all cases video converts better? Absolutely not!
Video sales messages may convert at a higher rate than normal copy on that guru’s (hate that term) website, but that doesn’t mean it will covert better on your website. It actually may convert worse — you must test it out for yourself. This goes for any advice you hear. Be willing to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that what you hear from someone else actually works.
Article by Declan O’Flaherty. If you liked this article, you can find more over at my blog… http://www.declansincomestrategies.com