How to Generate $1000 Income From Youtube?
I have an open policy on Guest posting - This is a good way for…
Although the internet gives most of us an opportunity to build our own business, advertising and marketing that business can run into a lot of money. For many of us, this obstacle could be too big to withstand. Fortunately there are many ways you can effectively market your online business without paying a cent.
Below are 15 zero cost marketing ideas and techniques that are known to create results.
1. Ad Swapping – If you publish your own ezine or newsletter, you will want to contact other ezine publishers and ask them if they would be interested in an ad swap. You each run the other’s ad for an agreed amount of time for free exposure.
2. Ezine Publishing – Publishing an ezine has been instrumental in many online businesses for many years. Ezines still produce results because they allow you to keep in touch with your readers/visitors and build a foundation of trust.
3. Social Media – As you probably already know, social media is all the rage. But to use it effectively as a marketing tool, you need to focus. Be sure to complete your profile. Post consistently. Always respond to followers/friends. Do not post anything offensive or inappropriate. Take your social networking to the next level and build your reputation and your customer base.
4. Message Boards – Message boards and forums have also been around since I started online and they can still be very effective in marketing your business. Get involved in conversations, offer help and advice when you can and build your reputation. Be sure to always follow the board guidelines and rules for posting.
5. Blog Commenting – One of the newer ways to make yourself known online is by regularly visiting other blogs and posting comments. This does not include posts like “Me too,” or “I agree.” Your posts should be substantial and contain information, questions, resources, etc., to get the other readers interested in you and your site.
6. Guest Posting on Blogs – Many blogs will accept guest posts. This is an excellent way for you to build your online reputation. Write appropriate posts for a variety of blogs and submit them to the owner. Many blog owners require exclusive posts so be sure to read their posting guidelines. There are sites you can join to find such blogs or do a search for blogs that accept guest posts.
7. Article Marketing – Writing and submitting articles to relevant article sites has always been a powerful technique for marketing your business. Be sure your article is formatted and written correctly. Don’t try to use big words. Make your article easy to understand and always proofread. Be sure to always add fresh content to your site as well.
8. Freebies – Everybody loves a freebie! Offer a free gift such as an ebook, report, free service, etc., for your visitors when they sign up for your mailings. Offer this gift on their first purchase. There are many free things you can offer so be sure to make it a useful gift.
9. Word of Mouth – Word of mouth has been around as long as business and it is still one of the most powerful ways to advertise your business. Treat your customers right. Make their experience an easy, enjoyable one and they will tell their friends. Start a referral program wherein, the customer who sends the most people your way will get a free product of choice or a percentage off the price, etc.
[Tweet “15 Zero Cost Marketing Ideas”]
10. Testimonials – Testimonials are a form of word of mouth so use them to help your business. Post them on your site. Put them in mailings. Use them on your business card or brochure. Get the most you can out of the testimonials people offer.
11. Give of Yourself – One way to build awareness of you and your business is by volunteering for charity or community service events. Not only will you be helping others but you will be helping yourself as well. Get involved and make your business known!
12. Attend Events – Make a habit of attending offline and online networking events. Such events can allow you to make contacts, get involved with joint ventures with other business owners, make people more aware of what you offer, and in general be a big benefit to your business.
13. Discussion Groups – Discussion groups can be found on social media sites and can be a big part of your marketing. Just as with the message boards, you have to get involved and offer help and advice whenever you can. Respond to people’s questions and comments.
14. Slideshow – Make a slideshow of your products and make it mobile-friendly. Post it on social media sites. Make it available to your visitors. Powerpoint is a good tool for making your slideshow.
15. Video Marketing – You can make effective videos for free to showcase your business, offer solutions for your visitors, and give a more vivid description of what you offer. Do not make long drawn-out videos. Grab your audience’s attention and make your point fast. Be sure to edit if needed and make your video visually appealing.
There are many ways to market your business that won’t break you. Use the ideas above and be creative to think of other ways you can create awareness for your business. Advertising does not always have to cost. Just because it is free that doesn’t mean it’s not effective!
About the Author:
Terri Seymour has over 15 years of internet marketing experience and has helped many people start their own business. Visit her site for free articles, resources, information, resell ebook business opportunity and more. Get three free gifts including The Big Book of Social Media Tips. http://www.SeymourProducts.com