12 Important New Developments from Seymourproducts.com
What the heck are we doing at seymourproducts.com to enhance our business and most of…
The term “blog” comes from the words web log. A web log is simply a website with regular posts or entries similar to keeping a journal or log. Blogging has become a major form of online marketing for small and big businesses alike.
Blogs have definitely evolved from the simple beginnings of the online diary type blog. There are many designs, purposes and options with today’s blogs. To ensure your blog stays on top, you need to keep up to date on all the different methods of blog marketing. Below are ten things you can do to help your blog be the most effective it can be.
1. Post information that will help and educate your visitors. They do not want to hear about your day with the kids or running errands. Listen to your customers needs and post information that takes care of those needs. Post links to helpful resources and tools.
2. Post regularly to your blog. You do not have to be adding new things daily but you want to be sure to update weekly. Be consistent. Don’t update one week and then neglect your blog for two or three weeks. This is a sure way to keep visitors from coming back. Take regular care of your blog to maximize its effectiveness.
3. Use high impact titles for all your posts. You want the titles to grab your readers and draw them in so they hang around. Use a lot of high impact power words to get their attention. Be sure to use relevant keywords in your titles as well.
4. Use visuals for more impact. Each post can be accompanied by a productive graphic image to help the reader get the full effect of the information. Experiment with audio and video posts. They can really bring some life to your blog.
5. Invite guest stars. Invite other business owners who can share their expertise to bring more useful content to your blog. Find experts in areas such as SEO, marketing and advertising, web design, web promotion, etc. Try to schedule these expert guest stars regularly. The bigger variety of useful content you can provide for your visitors the better.
6. Make your blog interactive. Allow your visitors to comment and post their opinions whether they agree or disagree. Acknowledge and respond promptly to your visitors’ comments. Encourage them to voice their opinions whatever they might be.
7. Create a blog network! Contact other blog owners and ask them to link to your blog in return for you doing the same. The bigger the network, the more exposure for all.
8. Be sure to proofread all posts and comments. You want your blog to look and feel professional and bad grammar and spelling can quickly destroy that.
9. Add an RSS Feed. RSS stands for Really Simple Syndication or Rich Site Summary. It is a very effective and easy way to continually provide notifications of new content, news, updates, etc. Adding an RSS Feed to your blog can increase your traffic substantially.
10. One of the most important things you can do for your blog is to give it personality! Make your blog come alive by adding some humor, admitting mistakes and failures – in essence, be real. Use contests, free gifts, get your visitors involved in your blog. Don’t make your blog seem like a clone with no personality or life.
There are millions of blogs out there. Professional blogs, personal blogs, fun blogs and what I call “junk blogs” but they can do awesome things for your online presence, your reputation and your business. Make your blog one to remember so you can maximize the impact it has on your business!
About the Author:
Terri Seymour has almost 20 years of internet marketing experience and has helped many people start their own business. Now is the time to get started with your own exciting resell ebook business. http://www.ebooks.seymourproducts.com Thank you Terri for this post