Using Social Media to Boost Search Engine Results
Most of us are well aware that the search engines frequently change their algorithms…
When you post a tweet on Twitter you want as many people as possible to retweet your post. This is a great way to instantly increase your exposure and attract more people to your site/blog/business. When Twitter first started out, there weren’t many posts worth retweeting.
Who wants to retweet when what a person watched on TV or what they bought when they went to the store. But people are now tweeting more relevant and helpful info. Below are ten things you can do to increase your chances of getting retweeted!
1. Give and You Shall Get – If you want people to retweet you then you do the same. Anytime you see an interesting or resourceful post, retweet it. More than likely the person whose tweet you retweeted will return the favor.
2. Ask for an RT – Don’t be afraid to ask people to retweet you. Just put a “Please RT” at the end of your post. This has been proven to work. Be sure to leave room at the end of your tweet for an RT and username. If there isn’t room, people will have to edit your post and then you probably won’t get the RT.
3. Offer a Free Gift – Giving something away for free is always a good thing when trying to build your network. Be sure it is something useful and helpful so people will think it is worth retweeting.
4. Make Your Tweets Useful – As mentioned before nobody wants to retweet what you bought at the store or what movie you’re watching on TV. Be sure to tweet things that will help people and benefit their business. Quotes are popular with retweets so tweeting good quotes is a plus.
5. Use Hashtags – Hashtags are similar to keywords. It is a way to categorize or group your tweet with other similar tweets so people looking for your category can find your tweet easier. For example: if you are tweeting about ebooks then you would add the hashtag #ebooks to your tweet. You can find out more about hashtags at hashtags.org. If people can find your tweet then it is more likely to get retweeted!
6. Sell for a Retweet – Offer a product or service for a tweet. This is an effective way to get a lot of RTs. If you have been offering a free report or ebook to get people to subscribe to your newsletter and/or feed, then you are familiar with this process. You simply let people know they can download your product for a simple retweet. You can make a “Pay with a Tweet” button here: paywithatweet.com
7. Make RTs Easy – You can make it easy for your wordpress blog visitors to tweet your blog posts with a TweetMeme Button. The tweetmeme button will even show how many times your post has been retweeted.
8. Timing is Everything – Studies have shown that there are certain times when tweets are more effective and will be more likely to be retweeted. RT action is highest from about 2:00 pm through 6:00 pm EST. The best days of the week for retweets is Thursday and Friday.
9. Free Guide – Download a copy of Dan Zarrella’s free report “Science of ReTweets”. This PDF report contains a lot of helpful data and information on tweaking your ability to get more retweets. You can find it at danzarrella.com
10. Build Relationships – Network, network and network. Building relationships is extremely important in all facets of business. Get involved with your followers and with those you follow. Nothing builds a business better than a solid foundation of relationships.
Once you have implemented all these tips into your tweeting you can see how well your retweets improve by going to retweetrank.com. Simply type in your Twitter name and it will tell you how many times you have been retweeted.
Social media is exciting and can do wonders for your business but you must get involved and work at it. Unfortunately, it doesn’t come to those who (just) wait! 😉
About the Author:
Terri Seymour has almost 20 years of internet marketing experience and has helped many people start their own business. Now is the time to get started with your own exciting resell ebook business. Visit now to get three free gifts including The Big Book of Social Media Tips. http://www.ebooks.seymourproducts.com