10 Authentic Ideas for Your Own Online Business
Remember pet rocks? I am sure a lot of you don’t. Back in 1975…
One thing I have learned since I have been in internet marketing is that you have to “brand yourself” in order to become successful. Branding yourself means to make yourself stand out from the rest. Be the one people remember and go to when they need your products and/or services. Build your reputation as the go to person in your field.
Branding yourself will take work, time and commitment but it is essential for your business success. Below are some things you can start doing to start the branding process.
1. Have a Motto – Choose a motto to live by personally and professionally. This will stick in people’s minds and help you focus as well. My motto is to treat others as I would want them to treat me. I try to live everyday by the Golden Rule!
2. Connect with People – Don’t just get through meetings, calls, appointments, etc. Take the time to really connect with the people you are talking to. Be open and listen intently to what others say. Make the time with you memorable and satisfactory so people will be sure to return.
3. Personalize – Anytime you send emails, postcards, letters or anything, make it personal. Use the person’s name to show them they are not just another number or sale to you. Send birthday and/or holiday greetings. People need to feel like people and not just a dollar sign!
4. Professional Networking – Join some good networking sites, groups and clubs. Make yourself available for advice, help, and guidance. Be sure to participate often.
5. Always Be Honest and Upfront – Be honest with people. Don’t use deceptive lines and tricks to get people to buy from you. Let people know, honestly, what you can do for them. If you cannot meet their needs, point them to someone who can. They will remember your willingness to help and come back to you when you can meet their needs.
6. Body Language – Using body language effectively can have a real impact on how people perceive you. Always make direct eye contact. Let your eyes show friendliness and interest. Use your eyebrows to show openness and understanding. Don’t scrunch them disapprovingly. Keep your brow relaxed. Smile and don’t purse your lips or tighten your mouth. Keep your arms unfolded and sit in a relaxed manner with good posture. Don’t slouch or fidget. The art of using proper body language is quite real so do some research and learn all you can.
7. Go the Extra Mile – Help people whenever you can even if you don’t see a sale happening. By offering extra help and support you are sending a message about what type of person you are and what kind of business you run.
8. Believe in Yourself – If you don’t believe in yourself, how can you expect others to. Always be positive in mind, spirit and attitude. Be professional, and always create a positive image as well. This will be a big factor in what people think of you.
9. Email and Phone Etiquette – Write your emails with proper spelling and grammar. Be courteous, friendly and helpful. Do not use offensive words or phrases. This goes for talking on the phone as well. Using vulgar, offensive or unprofessional language will definitely be something people will not forget!
10. Be Yourself – Don’t try to put on a façade. Relax and let the person know how unique and authentic you are.
Branding yourself will help build your business success but it will help you in other ways as well. You will form lasting and beneficial relationships with others – both personally and professionally. You will learn more from the experiences of others and you will also learn more about yourself and how special and unique you really are. And that, my friend, could be the biggest reward of all!
About the Author:
Don’t be one of the 95% of people who fail at their online business. Terri Seymour can help you make money online. Find out how to increase your traffic and sales with her popular “How to Build Your Online Business” ebook for FREE at: ==> http://www.SeymourProducts.com