The holidays always come upon us faster than we expect them too so making sure your business is prepared can be challenging. With social media comes more ways to brand your business for the holidays. Social media marketing is always a powerful way to build your business but there are some tips and tricks you can integrate to elevate your social media for the holiday season.
Last year’s Cyber Monday brought in $1.4 billion in online spending which made it the largest shopping day in internet history. This year promises to increase so be ready and be a part of it!
1. Show Appreciation – Everyone wants to be appreciated and your potential customers are no different. Offer free gifts, coupons, or other specials to show your appreciation for one and all.
2. Holiday Events – Provide fun competitions and events in which your visitors and customers can participate. Throw an online holiday party with themed promotional offers such as 12 Days of Giveaways or Tis the Reason for Giving. The possibilities are endless for offering holiday themed gifts and giveaways. Promote these events on all your social sites as well as your main site and offer incentives for participation.
3. Holiday Engagement – Encourage your friends and followers to share their holiday tips and tricks. Most people love sharing their ideas especially for the holidays. Get people involved in active holiday discussions and debates.
4. Holiday Video Marketing – Create fun themed holiday videos to share with your fans and followers. A fun marketing twist would be to embed a discount code somewhere in the video to provide more incentive for people to watch. You could also post a clue to finding an even bigger and better discount or free gift. Post these holiday videos on your social sites for all to see. Make them short, interesting and as holiday-themed as possible.
[Tweet “Social Media=Holiday Sales”]
5. Share Tips and Hints – On the flipside, be sure to share holiday tips and hints as well. Even short tutorials or ecourses with a holiday theme would work well. Remember, you want to be a resource for your friends and followers, not just make a sale!
6. Daily Drawing or Contest – Hold daily contests or drawings on your social sites to get people to come and visit every day. For example: 12 Days of Christmas Trivia. Post a Christmas trivia question each day and with each correct answer comes a chance at a big prize or discount.
7. Points for Prizes – On the same track, give points for each visit per day and offer specials, prizes, gifts, etc. for so many points.
8. Decorate for the Holidays – Make changes to your sites/pages for the holidays. There are many options for graphics to easily add to your site. Change your Facebook cover photo to a heartwarming holiday scene. Add some holiday lights to your site. Get festive and spread that holiday cheer!
9. Encourage Giving – Inspire people to give to charities as much as they can. Let them know that through you, they can get what they need AND give to people in need. Donate a percentage of all your holiday sales to charity. If they prefer, let the customer choose the charity. Provide options for them so they feel more in control. Giving and helping others in need is one thing we can all do to help each other.
10. Start Early – The holiday season seems to get longer and longer so do not wait to start your holiday marketing. The big stores now start marketing Christmas in September so be sure to be there as well. Start planning your holiday marketing several months ahead of time so when the season is upon us, you are well-prepared.
Marketing is an art form like any other. You need to have imagination and creativity to come up with innovative, successful campaigns. The holidays provide you with a platform to really soar in your marketing efforts.
Happy Holidays and Masterful Marketing to You!
About the Author:
Terri Seymour has 20 years of internet marketing experience and has helped many people start their own business. Visit her site for free articles, resources, information, resell ebook business opportunity and more. Subscribe to the RSS Feed for her free business building ebook with MRR. http://www.SeymourProducts.com