Owning an online business entails more than just putting up a pretty website. Besides Social Media, marketing and promoting, you need to learn the inner structure of your website and how well it is accomplishing its purpose. This means you need to know the details of what people do when they visit your site, how long they stay and which pages interest them the most.
The more you know about what people do when they visit your site, the more you can specify and analyze the details of your site and optimize its performance. Google Analytics provides the means to attaining this very important goal.
Listed below are some of the features provided by Google Analytics and the reasons you should be utilizing them.
1. It’s Free – We have all heard the saying, “You don’t get anything for nothing”. In this case, that is not true. Google Analytics provides you with critical information, numbers and stats needed for you to maximize your website’s performance.
2. Customizable – With GA you can customize the information for your reports. Using an easy drag n drop, you can set up the reports how you want to receive them for easier analyzing.
3. Internal Site Search – This will let you know what people on your site are searching for and allow you to make any necessary changes or additions.
4. Mobile Traffic – GA will also allow you to monitor your mobile traffic. Find out how much traffic you are getting from phones and tablets and whether or not this is growing as is the number of mobile users.
5. Preferred Pages – Find out which of your pages are visited more often and how long people stay at these pages.
6. Traffic Origins – Find out where your visitors are coming from. This can help you to know which of your marketing campaigns are working and which Social Media accounts are producing the most results. Gathering this type of information will help you streamline your marketing efforts and produce more traffic.
7. Bounce Rate – Your bounce rate is how many people land on your site for just a few seconds and then “bounce” right off again. This can also provide you will valuable information. See which pages get the most bounces and find out how to improve those pages for fewer bounces.
8. Event Tracking – This is another valuable feature which provides you with various info such as how many people download your ebooks or reports, which sign-up form catches the most emails, how well your ads are performing by clicks, if your videos are being watched all the way or paused or stopped, etc.
9. Real-Time Traffic – See who is on your website right now. See where they live, how they found your site and what they are doing on your site at this moment.
10. Flow Charts – These flow charts will allow you to directly follow the path your visitors took through your site. You will see where they went, how much time they spent on each page and where they stopped to read your content.
All this information can be used to improve your website and increase your conversions. Analyze and scrutinize specifics and convert more visitors into buyers. The above are just a small portion of what can be done with Google Analytics. This is a valuable tool which can help you in all aspects of your website and your online business. Take the time to try it and learn how to use it to your extreme advantage.
About the Author:
Terri Seymour has almost 20 years of internet marketing experience and has helped many people start their own business. Now is the time to get started with your own exciting resell ebook business. Visit now to get three free gifts including The Big Book of Social Media Tips. http://www.ebooks.seymourproducts.com