7 Ways to explode Marketing and Advertising
In this day and age, a great majority of people are embracing the introduction of…
Writing effective sales copy is a skill and is vital to any business. Luckily, you can learn this skill by reading about it and by using common sense. Most of what you will learn is common sense and will go a long way in increasing your sales. Of course, all elements of writing sales copy cannot be covered in one short article but I have touched on many of the basic rules and strategies to remember and the mistakes to avoid.
1. Not knowing and/or believing in your product. You need to know as much as possible about your product so this knowledge will come through in your sales copy. Also, if you do not believe in your product, this can also show through in your copy. Research your product, if you have to, and be prepared when writing your sales pitch.
2. No sub-headings. Most people will scan over the sales page to see if the product would be something of interest to them. You need sub-headings to emphasize the important points of your copy so as to capture the reader’s attention. A good sub-heading would be something like:
“Discover the secret to healthy fast weight loss.”
Keep your sub-headings as short as possible but make sure they pack a psychological punch!
3. Not stressing the benefits. People want and need to know what is in it for them. Use a bulleted list to stress the benefits of your product. Pretend you are the customer. What would you want to know about the product you are selling? Let the customer know how your product will solve their problems.
4. Not using testimonials. Testimonials will show the reader that real people have used the product and it has worked for them. Be sure to use credible testimonials that detail what the product has done for the customer. Use something like: I have more energy now than when I was in my 20’s, as opposed to something like: This product works great!
5. Not using a P.S. Adding a P.S. at the end of your sales letter can have as much effect as a beginning headline. It could add that extra punch the customer needs to make the decision.
P.S. Order now and receive a free 2 hour consultation on how to use our product.
6.Not learning how to write an effective headline. Take note of headlines that grab and keep your attention. Model your headlines after those. A headline has to contain power words that will trigger a response from the reader.
For example: PainBGone gets Rid of Pain or
Free Yourself from Pain and Live a Happier Life
7. Not using the right words. A simple change like using the word “discover” rather than “learn” can make a big difference in the “feel” of your sales copy. Rather than “Get the Job Done”, you should say “Achieve Your Goals”. Using the right words can get a psychological response that the customer cannot ignore.
Here is a quick list of some effective power words:
Invest (instead of buy)
8. Not making your copy believable. You’ve seen the ads that were so full of impossible promises and guarantees nobody could believe them. If the customer doubts the validity of the copy then your chances of a sale are next to nothing. Be straight-forward, honest and use simple everyday language. There is no need for using the language of a rocket scientist. If people can identify with what you are saying, they will be more apt to trust it.
9. No sense of urgency. Sometimes people will need a little push to get them to order. This is when you need to add phrases such as:
Limited Time Offer.
First 10 Customers Only.
Order Today for Your Free Bonuses.
Help get your customer in the “Buy Now” frame of mind.
10. Not proofreading your copy. Who would put any trust in an ad that reads like this:
by now to get you’re free gift today. Limitedtime offer for all order. Clcik the link below to order know.
Be sure to check all spelling and grammar before publishing your ad copy.
You do not have to hire a professional to get good results from your ad copy but you do need to make sure you learn the basic strategies and mistakes when writing your sales page.
About the Author:
Terri Seymour has over 16 years of internet marketing experience and has helped many people start their own home-based business and make money online. Visit her site for three free gifts including, The Big Book of Social Media Tips and How to Market Your Online Business for Free: https://www.ebooks.SeymourProducts.com