For article marketers it’s all about providing helpful quality information so people will want to visit our sites for more of the same. But, if we don’t also produce an effective resource box, we could lose a lot of those clicks.
The resource box, which can also be called About the Author or Author’s Bio, is the snippet of information at the end of the article. Unfortunately, many times the resource box is not given the attention it needs. To get the traffic you are seeking, your resource box needs to be as powerful as the article itself.
Below are ten tips on how you can get more clicks from your article resource box:
1. Keep It Short – According to some research, your resource box should be no more than 15% of the length of your article. For example: If your article is 800 words, then your resource box should be no more than 120 words. Another recommendation is to keep it at about 1-3 sentences. Lengthy resource boxes will not produce traffic because after reading your article they don’t want to spend a lot of time reading a long, boring bio. Short, commanding and to the point will get the reader’s attention.
2. Too Many Links – Do not load your resource box with links. This will only confuse the reader and more than likely drive them away. Give them one clear link to click on and you will get more results. Most article submission sites allow a maximum of one or two links.
3. Third Person – Write your article in third person, not as yourself. This will make it sound more like a recommendation and it will carry more weight and influence.
For example: I am an expert in internet marketing with years of experience.
Or John Doe is a marketing expert with many years of experience.
4. Clickable Links – Be sure to hyperlink your links so people can just click and go. If they have to take the time to copy and paste, even though it is just seconds, your click rate will drop substantially.
5. Keywords – Be sure to use relevant keywords in your resource box. Use targeted keywords that are relevant to your article body and title. If your article is about dog grooming, be sure to use dog grooming in your resource box and in your link, if possible. If your url does not contain the relevant keywords, use anchor text to add them in. Anchor text is when you link your url to a certain word or phrase. You might not always be able to do this but take advantage of the opportunity when you can.
6. Making the Sale – Do not try to make a direct sale with your resource box. What you are trying to accomplish is getting people to your site to sign up for your mailing list, newsletter, etc. This will enable you to build a relationship and get more sales in the long run. Get the traffic, get them signed up and then work on the sales.
7. Click for Free – Always try to offer a freebie in your resource box. Free ebooks, free subscriptions, free reports are good incentives for clicking.
8. Solution to Problems – You want to let people know you can provide a solution to their problem.
For example: Jane Doe can help you increase your productivity with her free online class at: wherever.com.
By offering a solution, you will get more people to click on your link.
9. Your Name – Be sure to put your name in your resource box. It is surprising how many people forget to add their name. Lead in with your name and give a brief summary of your qualifications.
Jane Doe is a seasoned veteran of productivity and organization solutions. She can help you increase your success by becoming more productive. Sign up for her free online class here.
10. Call to Action – As always, you want to get people to respond. You can do this more effectively with a call to action. Tell them to click here or sign up now or find out how. Just adding a link is not enough. Give them the extra push they need with a clear call to action.
Article marketing is a very powerful way to build your reputation and your business but do not neglect your resource box. Try using multiple boxes and test the results. Make your resource box as powerful as the article itself so people will want to click your link and visit your site.
About the Author:
Don’t be one of the 95% of people who fail at their online business. Terri Seymour can help you make money online. Find out how to increase your traffic and sales with her popular “How to Build Your Online Business” ebook for FREE at: ==> http://www.SeymourProducts.com
Please feel free to reprint this article in your newsletter, ezine, blog, etc as long as resource box is included and unchanged. And also please feel free to email me if you have questions about anything on our site. Thank you!